Turns out Santa has an even more important list besides that one about your kids being naughty or nice. He popped in for a beard trim, must have dropped a copy (oops) and now we’re passing it along to you, in the hopes it can brighten and lighten your holiday season.
You’re stressed, sure. But Santa’s gotta be more stressed and yet he’s still so jolly. So here’s his secret self care checklist and maybe we can all learn a thing or two for the holidays.
- Don’t just bake cookies, eat them too
- Have full belly laughs at least twice a day (none of this half guffaw stuff)
- Drink at least five glasses of water in addition to milk
- Tell Mrs Claus and the reindeer how much I love, adore and appreciate them
- Keep the sleigh maintained to avoid any last minute breakdowns
- Get the elves to keep the toy shop organized (clutter stresses me out)
- Take a 6-8 hour nap each night leadingup to the big one
- Get lots of hugs from kids who love me
- Onlywrite cheques I can cash
- Be easy on myself (maybe I need a helper for the Northern Hemisphere?)
- Let the naughty list go (you can’t fix people)
There you have it. Santa’s not so secret Self Care Checklist has a couple gems!
Here at Melange, we’re encouraging everyone to prioritize themselves during the holiday season and we’re making sure we’re stocked up on bath bombs! Often we get so carried away by trying to make everything perfect for the people we love around us that we forget to fill up our own cup first. This December, why not take some space and time for yourself? If nothing on Santa’s checklist resonated with you, we have several holiday offers to make your cup overfloweth.
Hope to see you soon + happy holidays!
By Karla Gjini